- Gray, Peter, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2010. Fatherhood: Evolution and Human Paternal Behavior. Harvard University Press: Cambridge, MA.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2018. High prevalence of voluntary sterilization among American women explained by trade-offs resulting from male parental commitment. Journal of Biosocial Science 50(4):505-526. doi:10.1017/S0021932017000414
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2017. Adverse childhood environment: Relationship with sexual risk behaviors and marital status in a large American sample. Evolutionary Psychology 15(2), 1-11.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2017. Establishment of legal paternity for children of unmarried American women: Tradeoffs in male commitment to paternal investment. Human Nature 28(2):168-200. DOI: 10.1007/s12110-017-9284-0
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Paul Spicer, and Michael T. Peercy. 2016. Obesity, diabetes, and birth outcomes among American Indians and Alaska Natives. Maternal and Child Health Journal 20(12):2548-2556. DOI: 10.1007/s10995-016-2080-3
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2015. Father absence, childhood stress, and reproductive maturation in South Africa. Human Nature 26(4): 401-425. DOI: 10.1007/s12110-015-9243-6
- Beutel, Ann M., and Kermyt G Anderson. 2013. Change over time in the Human Immunodeficiency Virus risk perceptions of youth. Journal of Social Sciences 9 (1): 1-10.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2011. Does paying child support reduce men’s subsequent remarriage and fertility? Evolution and Human Behavior 32(2):90-96.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2010. Life expectancy and the timing of life history events in developing countries. Human Nature 21(2): 103-123.
- Beutel, Ann M., and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2008. Race and the educational expectations of parents and children: The case of South Africa. The Sociological Quarterly 49:335-361.
- Carabin, Hélène, Marguerite S Keesee, Linda J Machado, Timothy Brittingham, Lynda Williams, Nancy K Sonleitner, Kermyt G Anderson, Adan Cajina, and Morris W Foster. 2008. Estimation of the prevalence of AIDS, opportunistic infections and standard of care among HIV/AIDS patients receiving care along the US/Mexico border through the Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS): A cross-sectional study. AIDS Patient Care and STDs 22(11): 887-895.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Ann. M. Beutel, and Brendan Maughan-Brown. 2007. HIV risk perceptions and first sexual intercourse among youth in Cape Town, South Africa. International Family Planning Perspectives 33(3):98-105.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., and Ann M. Beutel. 2007. HIV/AIDS prevention knowledge among youth in Cape Town, South Africa. Journal of Social Sciences 3(3):143-150.
- Beutel, Ann M., and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2007. The educational expectations of South African youth. Sociological Focus 40(4):348-369.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Hillard Kaplan, and Jane B. Lancaster. 2007. Confidence of paternity, divorce, and investment in children by Albuquerque men. Evolution and Human Behavior 28(1):1-10.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2006. How well does paternity confidence match actual paternity? Evidence from worldwide nonpaternity rates. Current Anthropology 48(3):511-518.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Hillard Kaplan, and Jane B. Lancaster. 2006. Demographic correlates of paternity confidence and pregnancy outcomes among Albuquerque men. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 131(4):560-571.
- Keesee, Marguerite, Kimberly A. Shinault, Hélène Carabin, Ahmad Saleem G. Ahmad, Kermyt G. Anderson, Tim Brittingham, Lynda Williams, Nancy K. Sonleitner, Adan Cajina, Robyn Schulhof, Herman Curiel, Morris W. Foster, and the U.S.-Mexico Border HIV/AIDS Collaborative. 2006. A study of socio-demographic characteristics of HIV/AIDS individuals living and receiving care along the U.S.-Mexico Border through five SPNS demonstration projects. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Service 5(2):15-35.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2005. Relatedness and investment in children in South Africa. Human Nature 16(1):1-31.
- Hofferth, Sandra, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2003. Are all dads equal? Biology vs. marriage as basis for paternal investment. Journal of Marriage and Family 65:213-232.
- Kaplan, Hillard, Jane Lancaster, W. Troy Tucker, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2002. Evolutionary approach to below replacement fertility. American Journal of Human Biology 14:233-256.
- Low, Bobbi S., Carl P. Simon, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2002. An evolutionary ecological perspective on demographic transitions: Modeling multiple currencies. American Journal of Human Biology 14:149-167.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Anne Case and David Lam. 2001. Causes and consequences of schooling outcomes in South Africa: Evidence from survey data. Social Dynamics 27(1):37-59.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2000. The life histories of American stepfathers in evolutionary perspective. Human Nature 11:307-333.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Hillard Kaplan, and Jane B. Lancaster. 1999. Paternal care by genetic fathers and stepfathers I: Reports from Albuquerque Men. Evolution and Human Behavior 20:405-431.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., Hillard Kaplan, David Lam, and Jane B. Lancaster. 1999. Paternal care by genetic fathers and stepfathers II: Reports by Xhosa high school students. Evolution and Human Behavior 20(6):433-451.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., and Bobbi Low. 2003. Nonmarital first births and women’s life histories. In The Biodemography of Fertility, J. Rodgers and H.P. Kohler, eds., pp. 57-86. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Low, Bobbi S., Carl P. Simon, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2003. The biodemography of modern women: Tradeoffs when resources become limiting. In The Biodemography of Fertility, J. Rodgers and H.P. Kohler, eds., pp. 105-134. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Kaplan, Hillard, Jane B. Lancaster, and Kermyt G. Anderson. 1998. Human parental investment and fertility: The life histories of men in Albuquerque. In Men in Families: When Do They Get Involved? What Difference Does It Make?, A. Booth and N. Crouter, eds., pp. 55-111. New York: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Anderson, Kermyt G., and Kathrine E. Starkweather. 2017. Parenting strategies in modern and emerging economies: Introduction to the Special Issue. Human Nature 28(2):133-137. DOI: 10.1007/s12110-017-9287-x
- Gray, Peter B., and Kermyt G. Anderson. 2015. The impact of fathers on children. Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development [online]. CEECD, SKC-ECD.
- Anderson, Kermyt G. 2011. Step-parenting, divorce, and investment in children. In The Oxford Handbook of Evolutionary Family Psychology, Catherine Salmon and Todd Shackelford (eds.), pp. 97-112. New York: Oxford University Press.